Chilli con carne
Our chilli con carne recipe is loaded with kidney beans and black beans and makes a perfect mid-week dinner for everyone.
- 2 x Ben's Original™ Long Grain Microwave Rice 250g
- 450g extra-lean minced beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 200g sweetcorn
- 200g red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 200g black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (226.8g) chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Lime wedges
Ben's Original™ Long Grain Microwave Rice
1 In large saucepan, cook and stir minced beef, onion and garlic together for 5 to 7 minutes or until brown; drain.
2 Stir in remaining ingredients except rice, lime and coriander. Heat to boiling. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thick.
3 Meanwhile, heat Ben's Original™ rice as directed on package. Serve chilli with rice. Garnish with lime wedge and coriander.
Amount Per Serving
- Energy (kcal) 525.84
- Energy (kJ) 2198.74
- Protein (g) 37.49
- Saturated Fat (g) 3.36
- Added Sugar (g) 0
- Total Carbohydrate (g) 61.49
- Total Fat (g) 11.23
- Total Sugar (g) 6.01
- Dietary Fibre (g) 13.67
- Sodium (mg) 570.00